Sunday 22 October 2017

How to store Potatoes:

How to store Potatoes:

How to store your potatoes so that they will last you through the winter:
A lot of growers will not bother with growing potatoes, however I do for two reasons.

  1. Because I can choose what verity I grow.
  2. Potatoes are a very important crop to grow in your rotation.

There are three important reason to store your potatoes:

  1. Protect them from the frost.
  2. Protect them from rodents.
  3. Protect them from the light.  

The three items above is what you have to do. I keep mine in a metal dustbin in my shed with an old blanket around it. 

This has been successful for the last seven winters.


Word of warning: only put in your store perfect potatoes i.e none with cuts or holes in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment