- This is a very important time of the year, just befor the onslaught of winter. If your want to have a bug free garden; do not give the bugs places to ‘winter over’. Clean out your old crops and put the trash on the compost heap. Tidy up your beds and dig them over. A clean and tidy garden can like just as nice as a croped one.
- Tie up your fruit vines. Things like longenbieeres and taybeerries.
- Wash your glasshouse and pots before you store them. Make sure that nothing is loose and can be blowed around in any winter gale. It does not tke much to brake a pane of glass from your glasshouse.
Do you want £1300/month from your home business in 2015? Now is the time to start work on it. See more here
- Garlic (Allium Sativum) is not only one of the oldest herbs but one of the most valued plants. It has been used extensively not only in cooking but it has been prized for at least 5000 years for it's medicinal, healing properties. In fact in ancient civilisation the strong potent qualities of garlic were thought to have supernatural powers.
- One of the main characteristics of Garlic is it's strong odour. Allicin gives the characteristic smell. This is largely due to sulphur containing compounds which also accounts for many of it's medicinal properties. These compounds are excreted through the skin and lungs, eating fresh parsley is often recommended to eliminate this odour from the breath after consuming Garlic. If new to using Garlic it is best to use it sparingly to start with.
- Garlic has long been known to reduce blood cholesterol levels and that possibly the plant can reduce the risk of further heart attacks in cardiac patients. It is also a stimulant for the immune system and used as an a powerful antibiotic.